Computer does not turn on..

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
my compute does not turn on at all.. unless i change the power cord it will turn on for a couple seconds then turn off, then turn on again for a couple seconds and then of and it will repeat that forever.(fans and everything will go on for a couple of seconds)

and i have tried everything in that guide that guy wrote on the fourms..

computer:
Corsair hx850 850 watt
asus rampage extreme iv
intel 3930k
xfx 5850
7200rpm hdd (western digital black caviar)
16gb 1600mhz ram (g skill)
60gb ocz vertex 2
lite on cd/dvd drive
7 fans total 3 from case and 3 custom fans (no led) a 1 from the cpu fan
using the corsair 800d case
( i check all the parts are compatible and i have had the system running great for about 1 year) it worked last night and before i went to be i had turned off the extension cord switch so that the system had absolutely no power going to it (power surge is out of the question)

help please....

try using one stick of ram and place it in the a0 slot first and see if the system posts. reboots like that are caused but mb not being able to set the ram speed up right and go into overclock fail mode. or one of the legs on the power supply is bad.
with the ram if it a bad stick pulling or switch ram may let your system work with less ram till the replacment stick comes in. with the power supply connect a fan or two to it and use the paperclip test..if the fans sputter then it may be the ps. the only real way is with a meter or a load tester.

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

ok, thanks =D

i havent tried the the ram thing yet but with the meter where would i stick the 2 needle things?

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

oh ok.. my ram seems ok.. and i already shipping out my power supply to corsair and going to send my motherboard in to to asus..

how is asus rma service?

Latest posts