Computer doesn't bootup

Hassan Mehmood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
Hello, i have recently purchased Club3d 7870xt joker edition. But the problem is, my pc stop booting up. It turns on for 3 sec and then shuts down without any display or anything. Please help

Current Other specs:
Asus b85m-g
Xigmatech 600w touro
8gb kingston 1600Mhz
Core i5 4670
Windows 7

Solution
Assuming you plugged in both 6pin power connectors and installed the latest Catalyst drivers it should work fine, the last time a card did what yours is doing I had forgotten to plug in the second plug. Also remove all of the nvidia drivers that the other card used. Your power supply should have enough power.

ImPrettyIrish

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2013
This could either be a PSU problem, RAM problem, CPU problem, or Motherboard problem. Did you do any overclocking or anything of that sort before this happened? If so, try to reset the motherboard to factory settings. Refer to you motherboard manual (if you still have it). Try a different PSU if you have one. Maybe borrow a friend's. I know that Xigmatech isn't one of those "top name brands" like Corsair, Seagate, XFX, Rosewill. How old is the system? Also, Try to put your old GPU in. Does it still not boot? If not, then your computer is probably having a hard time switching GPU's. Hope this helped!

Hassan Mehmood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

Nop i haven't done any OC. and i bought my system back in august 2013 and when i put my old gpu (gts 250) it is running fine ..

ImPrettyIrish

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmm, So you say it just shits down, correct?

Hassan Mehmood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

yea it just (Shuts down) like after 3 4 sec

MickyDee

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Assuming you plugged in both 6pin power connectors and installed the latest Catalyst drivers it should work fine, the last time a card did what yours is doing I had forgotten to plug in the second plug. Also remove all of the nvidia drivers that the other card used. Your power supply should have enough power.

Solution