[SOLVED] Computer doesn't detect Hard Drive but detects CD/DVD

Mar 27, 2020
Hey everyone, I hope you are all staying safe during this outbreak. To give you guys a back story of how this came to be, my PC was a premade CyberPower PC. It has had many issues in the past. I finally got a new heatsink and set it up properly with paste (the paste was unevenly distributed and kept causing the CPU to over heat and power down the computer). A couple months later, my computer began to power down again. It was only every now and then. A few days ago, my computer just began shutting itself on and off, on and off. I of course go to google and it recommends a new power supply. The one I had was junk and was nowhere near what I needed anyway apparently, so I bought one. Yesterday I tested it and it was still powering on and off. I continued my search on the web and someone mentioned a faulty power button. I looked up a way to jumpstart the computer without a power button connection. I have been using a screwdriver to gently connect the two. However, now my computer is not recognizing my hard drive at all. It boots beyond the MSI motherboard page and tries 3 times to boot up the hard drive. I hear a single beep as I normally would. Then it comes to a screen where it says 2.2TB Infinity. The only boot up device listed is the CD/DVD. I am unsure how all these things happened together. The connectors for the front panel are all connected except for the power button. I have made sure all cables have been tightly and correctly placed. I am at a loss as to what the problem is now. Any help is appreciated. Stay well. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Try reseating all of the connectors a couple of times then take the circular watch battery looking thing (CMOS battery) out for about 30 seconds then put it back in.

Zdos123

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
Try reseating all of the connectors a couple of times then take the circular watch battery looking thing (CMOS battery) out for about 30 seconds then put it back in.

Solution

Latest posts