computer doesnt do anything!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sameretto

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Hey guys I just need help I don't know what to do at this point my computer just sits at the screen when you boot up where it has press f10=setup Esc=Boot Menu and ect (two more options) but when i try to do anything nothing happens i mean nothing it just goes to that screen and stays there.

Solution
Alright, that confirms it for me... Ive seen that message before. Your HDD is faulty. You get that error when windows tries to read a file that is on a corrupted piece of your hard drive

Karenas

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Ok,so check if everything is connected GPU, CPU, HDD etc. If all is connected then try changing RAM sticks. If problem still there you may have bad GPU.

BluePhantom

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
No i wouldn't think the GPU is the problem... had it been the GPU he wouldn't have seen anything and it certainly wouldnt have randomly failed a scan test.

Sameretto

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
ok so this is what i noticed when i leave the power cable out and let it rest for like 5-10 minutes it works and then goes into chkdsk thing and checks it. THEN it finishes and the system reboots because i think thats what it does after the chkdsk and i am back to the original problem. if i just reboot without taking out the power cord and letting it rest it just stays on the screen with the setup and ect and not letting me do anything

Sameretto

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
no but i did get down the error it was giving me. it said Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error. and then towards the bottom half it says 0x0000007a

BluePhantom

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Alright, that confirms it for me... Ive seen that message before. Your HDD is faulty. You get that error when windows tries to read a file that is on a corrupted piece of your hard drive

Solution

BluePhantom

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Yes, it can be however with RAM it would allow him to still complete full boot up (unless completely screwed, which i doubt) and virus infection is extremely unlikely

Sameretto

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
i think the virus infection is unlikly because i think the computer would still work but constantly restarting the computer so that leaves ram which i know nothing about and HDD which i have some experience with

Sameretto

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
alright guys thanks for everything I myself will try both options and see what fixes it and when i find out i will pick best answer or say that its been solved. But honestly thanks for your guys help you guys really helped a lot in leading me to a way were i can solve the problem

BluePhantom

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Heres the thing with the Ram... He more than likely would have been having problems with performance, program installations and multitasking on his computer long before it got this far. So if those aren't the cases... you can bet your bottom dollar its going to be the HDD