[SOLVED] Computer doesn't output any signal outside of Windows itself

davidvanherteryck

Prominent
Aug 22, 2018
Hello!
I have a HP 285 G3. The computer works, however, it doesn't display a single thing outside od windows 10 itself. I've never been able to get into the bios, can't boot from a usb, Can't advanced restart into the bios either, I can't see anyhting except for windows itself which is a bit of a pain when trying to troubleshoot/fix some issues. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Because I really can't fix it and it's driving me crazy.
Kind regards

Hello!
I have a HP 285 G3. The computer works, however, it doesn't display a single thing outside od windows 10 itself. I've never been able to get into the bios, can't boot from a usb, Can't advanced restart into the bios either, I can't see anyhting except for windows itself which is a bit of a pain when trying to troubleshoot/fix some issues. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Because I really can't fix it and it's driving me crazy.
Kind regards
Does the monitor show it's getting a signal? If so...it may be having a hard time with the BIOS resolution and I would try a different display. If there's no signal...I'm stumped.

In the link I sent you, click on Open Microsoft Store. At the top of the resulting Window will be a black banner across labeled Switch out of S-Mode. If your computer is not in S-Mode it will say Your device is not running in S mode near the bottom of the black banner

davidvanherteryck

Prominent
Aug 22, 2018
In the link I sent you, click on Open Microsoft Store. At the top of the resulting Window will be a black banner across labeled Switch out of S-Mode. If your computer is not in S-Mode it will say Your device is not running in S mode near the bottom of the black banner
Thank you for your reply, I will make sure to try this later this evening when I'm near my computer! Really hope this works :)

heweaver

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
Hello!
Kind regards

I don't know if this helps, or if this is even the case for you, but I have seen several models of PC's that do that only when using HDMI for video... are you using HDMI? If so, can you swap to a VGA cable? Or DVI cable if you have an addon card that uses that? Some PC's and laptops output to HDMI always but I have seen several that only output HDMI once windows is loaded and the drivers are up and running. It is very annoying indeed.

Hope that helps! Let me know, thanks!