Question Computer doesn't POST, no display but LEDs and CPU fan turn on

DoruSonic

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Hi, my pc have suddenly stopped working and I can't figure what it could be. When I click to turn it on, the cpu fan start spinning and the LAN LEDs also turn on but it doesn't POST. The speaker is working but doesn't do the single beep and there is no display. The display port is vga and is connected to the board

Specs:
  • MB: asus AM1M-A
  • CPU: AMD 5350
  • PSU: 750w whisper modular
  • SSD

The last thing I did: that PC had 5 GPUs connected through risers. For this I had to disable the 3.0 asmedia controller and hd audio controller on the bios. All was good. I wanted to add a 6th GPU and had to disable the LAN controller. Connected a usb to ethernet adapter, turn on windows to check if it works. It does, so I disabled the LAN port. I think it never POST'd after this

What I tried:
  • Turning everything off and on (including cables)
  • Disconnecting every GPU and just leave the board + cpu + ssd (also tried without the ssd)
  • Powering everything off and taking the CMOS battery for a few hours and shorting the CMOS reset pins
  • Taking out the RAM (it beeps to signalizing it if I try to turn it on)
  • Change RAM sticks
  • Take CPU power and try to turn on (no beeps)
GPUs are disconnected with a single PSU connected. Goal is to make it post with most basic setup CPU+RAM+SSD
Any additional suggestions are welcome, thank you for your time

Last edited:

DoruSonic

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
OS is win10 and running a 750w whisper modular [PSU] (bought second hand but I have it for almost a year now). Will add this to the original post

RN just trying to make it post without any GPU, just CPU+RAM+SSD. If it posts, I can deal with the rest
Just mentioned the GPUs since they seem to be the culprit, but even without them the system wont post

Last edited: