Computer doesnt power on after gpu was removed and replaced

Ebysam

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
I took my msi gaming gtx 750ti and used it with my laptop in this external gpu dock

http://www.banggood.com/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-p-934367.html

It worked perfectly just like many times before. After a while i tried to use another smaller psu when i used the new psu the fans were just jerking and couldnt spin i quickly powered the computer off and switched back to the old psu it didnt start spinning the fans i didnt think this could be much so i just packed it up.
When i brought it home it fell on the ground from around a meter high with all its packaging and box there was no visible damage on the card. When i connected it, the computer didnt start up the cpu fan tried to spin but stopped and by the way,my mobo is msi z87 g43 gaming please help i cant afford a replacement! And btw pc works fine without the graphics card

Solution
Unplug your power cable and hold down the power button for about 30 seconds, regardless of possible damage you have described the problem which occurs when there is a residual static build up plus it is an easy fix to try, if it doesn't work you have only lost 30 seconds of time :)

Darkoil

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Unplug your power cable and hold down the power button for about 30 seconds, regardless of possible damage you have described the problem which occurs when there is a residual static build up plus it is an easy fix to try, if it doesn't work you have only lost 30 seconds of time :)

Solution