Computer doesn't respond

reechani

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
I just had a new computer built and there seems to be an issue with either it or software. I am not sure where to post this so I figured this forum should be ok ><. My computer will not respond for a minute or two. By not respond I mean just the programs, my keyboard and mouse will continue to work but when I click on something it doesnt open. While it is doing this if I push ctrl alt del it will bring up the blue screen and will have a loading screen instead of the usual "shut off, switch user, etc." After about a minute or 2 everything is ok and the programs I clicked open, but it is getting to be annoying and would like it fixed, especially since it is a brand new computer. I think it may be an issue with videos or my video card.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
OK that's weird - it suddenly responds after a while?

Try clearing out dust in the computer - use a can of compressed air on the cpu cooler, gpu cooler, and case fans.

Do you have any programs installed that might be running in the background, hogging resources?

Also, a repair install of Windows might work. Since you said you had the computer built, I'm assuming it wasn't from a bigname brand like Dell, HP, Acer, etc and you have an actual Windows install disc. You will need this for the repair install.

dwhiting

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

I am having the same exact issue!! Even when I log off or shut down the computer, it takes like 10 minutes for anything to happen..until I get so frustrated I just power it down manually. Is it a problem with my build? My rig specs are:

MB - ASUS M5A97 R2.0 970 AM3+ R
CPU - AMD 8-CORE FX-8320 3.5G 8M R
MEM - 8G CORSAIR CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
HDD - 1TB 3.5" SATA6.0GB/S 64M
PSU - CORSAIR 750W CXMOD 80+BRZ ATX

I know this is a post from a while ago, but if this problem has been resolved please let me know.
Thanks so much!