[SOLVED] Computer doesnt seem to like my new RAM sticks

Jun 7, 2020
Using a H-I41-uATX mobo with a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 Processor 2.66 GHz 1333 MHz.

I tried to upgrade from a Corsair 4gb 1600mhz 1.5v RAM(fully functional) to a Patriot 8gb 1600mhz 1.5v.

If I insert the 8gb I get a memory BIOS beep code (1short 1 long). Then I have to pull the battery to get the original stick to work again. Is there any workaround?
Running Windows 10 64bit.

Solution
And theres absolutely no workaround?

It's highly doubtful. We're talking about a pre-built that's more than a decade old. Those aren't known for being upgrade-friendly in the best of circumstances.

Foxconn, who produced this motherboard for HP/Compaq, also says the same thing about this motherboard. Sometimes specs are too conservative and something not officially supported actually works, but once the unsupported thing actually doesn't work, that's usually the end of it.

DSzymborski

Titan
And theres absolutely no workaround?

It's highly doubtful. We're talking about a pre-built that's more than a decade old. Those aren't known for being upgrade-friendly in the best of circumstances.

Foxconn, who produced this motherboard for HP/Compaq, also says the same thing about this motherboard. Sometimes specs are too conservative and something not officially supported actually works, but once the unsupported thing actually doesn't work, that's usually the end of it.

Solution
Jun 7, 2020

Understood. Then I'll just swap the mobo and cpu. I basically already bought everything else.
Thank you so much!

Jun 7, 2020
Sorry it wasn't a more positive result! I hate delivering bad news, one of the myriad reasons I'm a journalist unlike my sister, who works in oncology.
Eh. I didnt have high hopes to begin with. Kinda like my potential cardiologist visit. 🤣😂🤣

ohhhh i made myself sad. (Joking btw. I'm fine)

Thanks again!