[SOLVED] Computer doesn't start on main power but starts on ups back up power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2021
Hi guys,
I had a running computer which was going pretty smooth without any hiccups until the day before yesterday.
My pc doesn't start while my UPS is on electricity power but if I switch off the main power of the UPS and try to start my PC it works.
I even have connected the PSU wire directly to the electriciy board without UPS and it doesn't start.

Need help guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
All I can think then is that your PSU will run on the filtered and regulated power provided by the UPS but not the normal electricity supply.
So it is possible one or more capacitors which are used to filter the voltage has failed so you may need a new PSU or return that one if it is under warranty.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
If possible you should check the voltage at the wall sockets,its possible that it is too low fo the PSU to work,this is especially true if it is a cheap low quality PSU.
The UPS will always output the correct voltage.

Jan 15, 2021
Hi
If possible you should check the voltage at the wall sockets,its possible that it is too low fo the PSU to work,this is especially true if it is a cheap low quality PSU.
The UPS will always output the correct voltage.
Thankyou for your reply......but the psu that i use is COOLER MASTER MWE GOLD 650 V2 FULL MODULAR SMPS MPE-6501-AFAAG-IN.
and its plug says 13A-240V, so is it problem of socket or anything else?

Rakesh

Jan 15, 2021
You need to know what voltage is at the socket,if you don't have a multimeter then you should contact an electrician or get something like this Socket Tester
Have you noticed any other symptoms of a low voltage such as dim lights or a kettle taking longer to boil ?
I think socket is fine, i checked the cpu in other two buildings aswell and also by connecting in stabilizer also, but the result is same

makkem

Distinguished
All I can think then is that your PSU will run on the filtered and regulated power provided by the UPS but not the normal electricity supply.
So it is possible one or more capacitors which are used to filter the voltage has failed so you may need a new PSU or return that one if it is under warranty.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.