Question Computer doesn't start up despite cpu fan running

KlydeNETS

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
I do not know if this is a psu or the motherboard issue, a week ago my pc wouldn't turn on and would post loop itself, and then only the cpu fan would start up, so I unplugged everything and began diagnosing, it did turn on with a single ram, I worked on it and later again today it stopped working I tried unplugging and assembling it again but it still hasn't shown any sign of working, I can't understand what's wrong

Gigabyte h97m-d3h
Hyper fury ddr3 4gb x2
Intel i5 4440
On board gpu
Psu - vip gold 80 600w
That CPU is circa 2012...is the system that old? I'd reseat all the connectors, including the CPU. Reseating the CPU would also give you an opportunity to replace the thermal compound, which is probably dried out.

Other than that swapping memory modules again might help. But in the end, the PSU could be furnishing weak power especially if it's pushing 8 years old. The paper-clip test would probably pass; you have to put it under load to see voltage drop too far to start up. If you have a known-good PSU to swap in it wouldn't hurt to find out

Reactions: KlydeNETS

KlydeNETS

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
That CPU is circa 2012...is the system that old? I'd reseat all the connectors, including the CPU. Reseating the CPU would also give you an opportunity to replace the thermal compound, which is probably dried out.

Other than that swapping memory modules again might help. But in the end, the PSU could be furnishing weak power especially if it's pushing 8 years old. The paper-clip test would probably pass; you have to put it under load to see voltage drop too far to start up. If you have a known-good PSU to swap in it wouldn't hurt to find out

The ram area is faulty , took it to a shop but due to lockdown by Corona Virus , He couldn't determine if the ram or ram slot is faulty