Question Computer don't turn off completely

Aug 14, 2019
I'm having some issues with my computer and they are listed bellow:

[Issues]
1-I'm using my computer and after use I turn it off, in next day when I try to turn it on again the leds flashes once and the computer don't turn on completely (only the coolers start spining).
2- When I turn off my computer sometimes my coolers remain spining.

[What I need do to use normaly]
1- After use I turn off the computer and turn off the power supply by pressing the button behind the psu (power switch).
2- The computer turn on normaly if the power supply are turned off previusly.
3- If the power supply are on and the computer are turned off, I need to turn off the power supply switch and after this hold the power button in case to "clear" the energy and turn on the computer normaly.

(Sorry about my english, my first language are Portuguese)

[COMPUTER SPECS]
MB: MSI Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU: INTEL I5 9600K
RAM: CORSAIR VEGENANCE PRO 16GB 3600MHZ 2X8
HD: SSD M2 NVME 480GB CORSAIR MP 510
PSU: GIGABYTE 750W 80 PLUS GOLD PFC-ACTIVE G750H
WC: PCYES NIX 360MM RGB
GPU: NONE (I WILL BUY ONE MSI RTX 2070 SUPER SOON)

The computer have in total seven fans (counting with the watercooler fans)

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
I'm having some issues with my computer and they are listed bellow:

[Issues]
1-I'm using my computer and after use I turn it off, in next day when I try to turn it on again the leds flashes once and the computer don't turn on completely (only the coolers start spining).
2- When I turn off my computer sometimes my coolers remain spining.

[What I need do to use normaly]
1- After use I turn off the computer and turn off the power supply by pressing the button behind the psu (power switch).
2- The computer turn on normaly if the power supply are turned off previusly.
3- If the power supply are on and the computer are turned off, I need to turn off the power supply switch and after this hold the power button in case to "clear" the energy and turn on the computer normaly.

(Sorry about my english, my first language are Portuguese)

[COMPUTER SPECS]
MB: MSI Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU: INTEL I5 9600K
RAM: CORSAIR VEGENANCE PRO 16GB 3600MHZ 2X8
HD: SSD M2 NVME 480GB CORSAIR MP 510
PSU: GIGABYTE 750W 80 PLUS GOLD PFC-ACTIVE G750H
WC: PCYES NIX 360MM RGB
GPU: NONE (I WILL BUY ONE MSI RTX 2070 SUPER SOON)

The computer have in total seven fans (counting with the watercooler fans)
I was reading up on it and I think that your best option is resetting the bios but it could be your PSU. You should make sure your bios is up to date.

Aug 14, 2019
I was reading up on it and I think that your best option is resetting the bios but it could be your PSU. You should make sure your bios is up to date.

The bios are updated to last version. When I reset the bios (by removing the battery) the computer works fine, but I can't do this every moment that I want to use the computer :/

The bios are updated to last version. When I reset the bios (by removing the battery) the computer works fine, but I can't do this every moment that I want to use the computer :/

You shouldn't have to remove the battery. There's a jumper.

If it works properly after resetting your BIOS, but not afterwards, then the problem is in your BIOS. i.e. a setting like sleep state that's not supported by some of your hardware, etc.

Aug 14, 2019
You shouldn't have to remove the battery. There's a jumper.

If it works properly after resetting your BIOS, but not afterwards, then the problem is in your BIOS. i.e. a setting like sleep state that's not supported by some of your hardware, etc.

i.e?

Do you have "FastBoot" enabled in BIOS? I suppose your using W10?

I need to check this, yes I'm using W10 Home

My first suggestion is to not use power off shutdown.
Instead, use sleep to ram(no hibernate)
That will put the pc and monitor into a very low power state, hardly different from a complete power off.
Sleep and wake are only a few seconds.

If you do completely shut down, you might want to implement fast boot.
When you have a good startup, windows makes an image copy of your contents to a drive.
Subsequently, when you boot, windows uses that file to load in a working copy of windows and drivers much more quickly.

Windows 10 never truly shuts down. It wants to be able to wake up and apply updates to your system.

To get a true power off, hold down the shift key while you hit the power off button.

You might want to do this to enter the bios or after some updates.

TRENDING THREADS