Question Computer experiencing freezing / slowdown ever since it was built, what can I do?

May 16, 2020
I have been having issues with my computer running poorly since I built it. On booting it up it almost immediately begins experiencing freezes and slow response. MSI Afterburner shows 0 voltage reaching the GPU, and the problem persists on restarts. AB isn't running on startup, so it's not the cause of the issue, but the voltage displaying as 0 always seemed to be linked to performance problems. I suspected it is an issue with the GPU or power supply, but am not certain what it might be.

• I do have voltage unlocked in AB, no difference.
  • I previously had some success if I disabled all startup processes and logged in quickly, but now the issue always persists.
  • I have replaced the PSU with no effect.
  • Trying to load the Advanced Startup Options (to select Safe Mode) leaves me with a black screen for a minute, and my PC shutting down.
  • The BIOS menu and the Advanced Startup menu oddly enough run perfectly regardless of how the rest of it runs.
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060
CPU: Ryzen 2700
PSU: CorsairRM750x
MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4

Last edited:
May 16, 2020
I set A-XMP profile 1, and the issue didn't let up. However, it did let me boot to Safe Mode, which isn't lagging or slowing down at all.

My computer has both SSD and HDD, and it boots from the SSD.