[SOLVED] Computer extremely slow after gpu overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2019
I followed msis rtx 2070 guide and let msi oc scanner do it’s thing and pick the right overclock amount, and after that I played video games for a couple hours.
Next day I turn on my pc and everything is extremely slow and the computer freezes at times and stuff takes forever to launch. What <mod edit> happened?
I7 4790
Rtx 2070
600w psu
Asus z97a MOBO
16gb ddr3 Ram

Solution
If it freezes and is slow, remove the overclock and see if it goes back to normal. Likely you have an unstable OC causing issues. Stress your GPU, monitor temps and increase clocks till things go south in the bench. Then lower the clocks back a bit.
Jan 10, 2019
Really though I was a bit panicked for some reason when I applied default settings the computer was fine again and I replied the oc setting and it was still fine after. Maybe it’s a start up thing?

If it freezes and is slow, remove the overclock and see if it goes back to normal. Likely you have an unstable OC causing issues. Stress your GPU, monitor temps and increase clocks till things go south in the bench. Then lower the clocks back a bit.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.