Operating system: Windows 10

CPU Type: Intel i9 9900k

CPU speed: 3.6 HGz
System Memory: 32GB DDR4
Video Card: EVGA 2080ti xc
Desktop Resolution: 4096x2160
Power Supply: EVGA 1300 supernova
Motherboard: MSI z390 ace

In the past few days randomly my computer has had times where it won't post. When this happens the graphics card lights come on for a few seconds, the msi loading screen displays for a split second and then the gpu lights go out and the fans spin up to 100% and then the motherboard starts displaying post codes. The post codes being that there is no graphics card detected.

I'm to get it to post by taking the graphics card out and reseating it, then it seems to post with no issues. I've never had it shut down or show any signs of issues while using the computer it only seems to be at post.

Thanks in advance for the help.

PC specs:
Operating system: Windows 10

CPU Type: Intel i9 9900k

CPU speed: 3.6 HGz
System Memory: 32GB DDR4
Video Card: EVGA 2080ti xc
Desktop Resolution: 4096x2160
Power Supply: EVGA 1300 supernova
Motherboard: MSI z390 ace

In the past few days randomly my computer has had times where it won't post. When this happens the graphics card lights come on for a few seconds, the msi loading screen displays for a split second and then the gpu lights go out and the fans spin up to 100% and then the motherboard starts displaying post codes. The post codes being that there is no graphics card detected.

I'm to get it to post by taking the graphics card out and reseating it, then it seems to post with no issues. I've never had it shut down or show any signs of issues while using the computer it only seems to be at post.

Thanks in advance for the help.
If you have a spare gpu test with it.

If no spare remove the gpu and test with the igp.

tylerthiel10

Reputable
Oct 15, 2017
Is it possible that the issue could be from a bad driver installation? I put my 3080 in it from my other computer and I couldn't repeat the problem and it started normally. So I put the 2080ti back in and once I finally got it to post I updated the graphics driver to the new one that was released today. I've been trying for the last couple hours to repeat the issue and so far I've been unable to do so.

Is it possible that the issue could be from a bad driver installation? I put my 3080 in it from my other computer and I couldn't repeat the problem and it started normally. So I put the 2080ti back in and once I finally got it to post I updated the graphics driver to the new one that was released today. I've been trying for the last couple hours to repeat the issue and so far I've been unable to do so.
Keep testing.....time will tell.

ASK THE COMMUNITY