[SOLVED] Computer fans always on but most of the time does not boot

Jul 12, 2020
so i built my own PC 3 days ago. Everything was fine and such, until i shut down and when i turn back on, my desktop fans will run , but my screen does not show anything. Tested my screen it was fine. I tried to take out parts and put back and sometimes it does boot to windows, when it does i do all the cpu / gpu tests and they work ok, until i shut off and cannot boot back.
Things i tried
Changing cpu fan (sometimes the fan run but stops after awhile)
Resetting cmos taking out the battery ( was the most stable i could shut off and on a couple of times )
Changing out another gpu
Resetting my windows 10

Additional stuff
Initially i on xmp for my ram
After i few on and off the bios will say boot failure due to previous boot setting not compatible with hard ware (even after the cmos reset
My ram say it is intel xmp 2.0 ready but i use an amd ryzen 7 3700x (not sure if this is the problem)
Currently use a mobo gigabyte aorus x570 elite wifi
The system was stable after cmos reset (previously with xml enabled)
While using my computer when successful boot it was stable

Thanks in advance and sorry if it was confusing but i am very curious to what is going on.

Solution
it may not damage the RAM, it just may be unstable at the XMP speed because it wasn't tested/approved. it's also not necessarily faulty RAM - just not "completely" compatible at that speed with your particular hardware.

Ahh i see but would initially turning on xmp spoil the ram ready or would a faulty ram be unable to activate XMP. Also is it possible a faulty ram could prevent a boot sequence? I checked the qvl of my motherboard i does not have my Ram in it.
Jul 12, 2020
you didn't list your RAM (make/size etc) nor if was on the QVL for your motherboard, probably want to start there. it probably isn't stable with XMP enabled so you can revert to stock settings or use manual settings (with a little testing)
Ahh i see but would initially turning on xmp spoil the ram ready or would a faulty ram be unable to activate XMP. Also is it possible a faulty ram could prevent a boot sequence? I checked the qvl of my motherboard i does not have my Ram in it.

it may not damage the RAM, it just may be unstable at the XMP speed because it wasn't tested/approved. it's also not necessarily faulty RAM - just not "completely" compatible at that speed with your particular hardware.

Solution
Jul 12, 2020
Ahh i see ok i will change out with another set of ram to test it out and see whatsup thanks alot :)

TRENDING THREADS