[SOLVED] Computer fans spin for a second

Nov 18, 2020
I am building a computer for a buddy and it turns on for split second then turns off. The rgb of the motherboard (only thing with rgb) stays on but thats it. I thought it was the Mobo so I got a replacement I also thought it could be the power supply but I tried another one I had and it still isn't working, finally I swapped the ram as I heard this speed/brand has problems with this mobo but it still does not work. I am at a complete loss of what could be wrong.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler | ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler

Motherboard | Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage | Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage | Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card

Case | NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply | Rosewill 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-17 17:12 EST-0500 |

Solution
I did that (previously had) and same issue. This issue also happens when I use a different PSU that I know works which is why I doubt its the PSU
Alright I found the problem, The reason the new/working PSU did not work before was because I had a faulty Motherboard and a faulty PSU so now it works.

zze86

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
Try unplugging everything from the PSU except for the mobo connections. Power on and see if it runs. If it doesn't your problem is the PSU.

If it does power on, power back off and plug in the GPU. Power back on and see.

Repeat for all components.

Report back.

Nov 18, 2020
Try unplugging everything from the PSU except for the mobo connections. Power on and see if it runs. If it doesn't your problem is the PSU.

If it does power on, power back off and plug in the GPU. Power back on and see.

Repeat for all components.

Report back.

I did that (previously had) and same issue. This issue also happens when I use a different PSU that I know works which is why I doubt its the PSU

Nov 18, 2020
Alright I found the problem, The reason the new/working PSU did not work before was because I had a faulty Motherboard and a faulty PSU so now it works.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS