Question Computer finally posts now 2 new issues.

jsh169

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Finally getting my computer to post i get this error. It was fine on its side once i stood it up this happened.

When raid configuration was built, ensure to set sata configuration to raid mode. No matter what i can't get this issue fixed. Also I have no idea what or how but I ended up making my boot drive disappear unless i turn on achi. I took out other drives. When i went to update bios could still see drive had window files. Do I just need to reformat is my motherboard screwed? I believe this all stemmed from putting thermal paste on undervolted cpu. Thanks for helping

jsh169

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
The error code is
Please write setup to recover bios settings. When raid configuration was built, ensure to set SATA configuration to raid mode. Press F1 to Run Setup.

Messing with this made my boot drive unrecognizable.

Last edited:

jsh169

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
I have asus Tuff x570 Wifi Motherboard (less than a year old) Most updated bios version believe 4021
5800x Ryzen (less than a month old) sidegrade from 3900x
1070TI Evga (bought used) had most updated driver from Geforce Experience.
32 gigs of ram all the same Timetec 3600mhz cl 18 (less than a year old)
Aresgame 750 watt psu (less than a month old)
Right now no xmp enabled.

I have tried resetting bios with powering down and changing battery.
I have messed with options, changing back from raid to achi. Makes my original drive to give bootable option, but when I go to it it doesn't recognize the boot drive. Will a fresh installation fix both these issues.
It does say you may encounter data loss going to ACHI. I have removed both my other drives, one nvme and one regular hard drive as well, trying to focus my smaller m2 drive as the boot drive.

I wish I would of just let my 5800x run a tad hot, to avoid these issues. I chose to undervolt 5800x because it runs hot and you face only slight performance decreases. I guess next time I will be sure to set back to defaults if I ever apply thermal paste again. For a whole day after doing this I couldn't even get the system to post. I should of looked into the cpu first and not last, lesson learned there. I did virtually everything to get it to post and may be why getting bios error too come to think of it. Changed psu, tried with no video card, took out all 4 sticks of ram, tried 3 individually in each dimm slot, unplugged and plugged things in multiple times.

Last edited:
Oookey, slowly getting somewhere - having the current hardware setup is good to know.

However, when I asked for story, I was really trying to getting some info about what changes lead up to the issue, and so far not provided. But then again, you seems to have done many component replacements since first put together.

So maybe another approach is better, please answering this specific:
  • Can you explain how the rig was put together the last time it was working? Also where had you installed OS? And which OS?
  • Then what component or settings did you change just before you didn't getting it to boot ?

[edit]
Have you had a look at similar threads:

Different motherboard and much older (2010)

Also - a little hard to understand, but if listen carefully one can almost understand
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV0EkcG83q0

jsh169

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Windows 10 64 bit always installed latest version when it became available. System was running fine, I had my boot drive on my smaller m2 ssd and put my other stuff on my nvme drive, also have a regular hard drive installed for larger files like videos. Everything was fine until I went to apply thermal paste, I took some suggestions on undervolting 5800x I guess it only has one ccd which makes the chip run hotter, if I knew this I would of just overpaid for a 5900x, oh well.

Watched this video, I think I screwed up when changing the raid settings and it affected my drive, so maybe try fresh install and doing this with cmos battery again.

I decided to resinstall windows 10. I can now boot it up, but now have to go though bios and pick the boot drive every restart. I think I will try and jump bios. Will this be an issue with a 5800x? I really don't want to have to take out the cpu again if I don't have too.

Last edited:

jsh169

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
I can't set boot order, the only option at the moment is my boot drive. I don't believe it is a cmos battery because I have put different ones in with trial and error and this should be a rather new one. Yes it is cr2032. I will say Asus support was pretty friendly and hopefully they can find a solution since one doesn't seem to be out there (I wasn't expecting help with a motherboard).

jsh169

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
I have my old hdd as well, but maybe due to it being restrained to I believe legacy, it isn't an option? I'm not positive there.

Should I put my other m2 drive in and see if that creates a boot order?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS