Computer flashes strange colors..

espiadam

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
Okay let me explain the situation, I've been dealing with this problem for awhile, every time I try and play a game, my computer will hang and the monitors (I have two monitors) will display a strange color or just black, and the audio will cut and rewind for a bit and then cut out, from this point I can't do anything other than shut if off with the power button or pulling the cord. I have LITERALLY changed all of these things since it's happened, in this order.

Graphics card

Power supply

Motherboard
Processor
Ram

Powersupply again..

CASE

I have replaced all these things in the past few months and STILL my computer has this problem, i don't understand what I'm supposed to do, please help!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
These issues are often heat and/or power related. What make/model is your case? What are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

It is also possible for a memory issue to cause similar issues. Have you tested your memory to verify it is working properly?

espiadam

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015

My GPU temperature is at max 33, I have MSI afterburner, not sure how to test CPU temperature but i just got it I don't think it's that.
Also by memory do you mean RAM or my SSD? The SSD is the only thing that hasn't been replaced in my computer

espiadam

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015

I'm not exactly sure how to run mem test, although I don't think it could be the RAM because I just replaced it.