Computer Freeze After Starting Explorer.exe

justmark81

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Hello,

Today i downloaded the starwars online game, and when it was ready to start i pressed play and my monitor went out of range and after a reboot windows was starting to load again without the out of range error on my monitor.

But after like 20s logging in my computer just freeze and doesn't respond to anything then to a full reset, after trying it a few times i went into safe mode but there my pc freezes too, then i went to safe mode with command prompt and i can do stuff now.

While i am in there i went to eventviewer to see what the problem could be but i couldn;t find anything.

After trying several things i found out that when i use explorer.exe ( in safemode with command prompt) it loads the taskbar etc, but then my pc freezes again and i need to reset it.

Also i started up CCleaner in this mode and i did the option to repair register ( no freeze ) then i went to clean my PC and half way my PC freeze again.

Does anyone know what this problem could be and how to fix it?

Thanks alot.

justmark81

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Now i cant even go into safe mode with command prompt, i see it hangs ( due to the green/purple lines on the top of the screen) when it loads the system files.

Very strange, no idea what the problem is.. checked all hardware and seems everything works as intended.

I am using Avast anti virus, and in 3 year time i never had any major problems with my computer.. no crashes, no virus.. nothing.