Computer Freeze Issue

Apr 25, 2018
Here is a link to my system - http://

What happens is that (it seems like only) while there is some kind of video or game on screen, at some point the screen freezes, all USB devices freeze, and the audio slows down or just turns into loud buzzing. It may last 10 seconds or 2 minutes, and then all my usb devices disconnect and reconnect. The temperature indicator on my motherboard also seems to freeze, but no error code is given.

The weird thing is I only remember this happening at home, not at college, so I figured it was an electrical issue in the house. An alarm clock plugged into the outlet in question lost power 2 nights in a row, so I changed the outlet, got a UPS, plugged in the clock for 24 hours to confirm it didn’t lose power now, and I still have the same issue.

I’ve tried turning off the iGpu, changing usb settings, system file check, disk check, memory check, uninstalling video drivers, unplugging everything but my mouse.

I’m honestly a day or two away from doing a clean install (no I don’t have a restore point; yes that was dumb), but I’m still not even sure if this is a software or hardware issue or even still a electrical issue outside the computer. Might try taking it to a friends place for a bit and see if it still happens, but I’m at a total loss here.

Side note that I just remembered at the end - my computer will not wake normally from sleep. I have to turn it back on, hold to turn off, and then turn on again before it will wake up. No idea why but that’s the only other problem I’ve ever had with it.

The mobo indicator gets stuck on 55 which is “early memory initialization”. The memory test I ran was the one built into windows 7. Is it worth it to run memtest in addition?

Apr 25, 2018
Was able to play a browser game while watching YouTube with no issues for way longer than usual however BitTorrent still causes the freezing issue.

Got rid of flash player as that was still installed for some reason.

TRENDING THREADS