Computer Freeze/Lag With Sound

tonytran

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
If I play let's say call of duty/ Battle field the computer becomes laggy, and if I get into a game and start moveing/ Shooting it lags constantly also the sound coming out from my Logitech speakers makes a buzzing stuttering sound notice if you turn it right down you can hear it.

NOW
if the game/keyboard/mouse freezes the sound from the speaker would be a continues sound of where it froze let's say I was shooting and it froze the sound from the shoot Goes on forever until I have to hard reset the computer.

NOW 5 COURSES OF THIS IS:
1.Failing GPU/Graphics Card
2.Bios,Chipset,Audio Realtek, Drivers are all outdated.
3. Audio interference with Nvidia Audio.
4. Sound card might be the problem, there's a guy on YouTube who bought a decent sound card installed it with the driver and it fixed the problem for him.
5. Motherboard/Power Supply.

Watching videos or listening to music works find as long I don't turn the volume so low that you can hear the stuttering noise/Buzzing/chopping.

Or bring it to a Computer expert shop they should be able to fix it ofc it's gonna cost money.

Other games I play are Allods online, Warface, Combat arms.

Anyone know anything about frozen close up random artefacts in games like random pictures or colour walls, faces, flames OR a lot of pixelated square all over the screens then comp freezes?

Solution
I got AVG Antivirus 2013 and AVG PC Tune up. Anything I'm missing?

Really? AVG PC Tune Up just causes more problems than it fixes, and there are much better and lighter alternatives to AVG Antivirus, like Avast! free antivirus. Remove AVG, install Avast, and scan for viruses.

Also, I forgot to ask about Vsync. Is it on? If it's on, turning it off might fix the screen artifacts part of your problem, and that might be the cause of some of your problems.

And, disregarding everything I have said in this post, why are you still on windows xp? It's old, no longer supported, and is a huge security risk. I would recommend upgrading to Windows 7 or Windows 8. Microsoft has some decent deals on windows 8 upgrades.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Usually when this happens its because of a hot graphics card. Mine will do this if i'm trying to play two games windowed on two different monitors. Even though my setup can handle it, the heat gets too overwhelming. I would grab a fast case fan and put it next to your graphics card (just temporarily prop it up) and see if the problems go away. It could also be a CPU temperature problem too. You can download CoreTemp to keep an eye on your CPU temperatures. They should never go above 90C and a lot of systems will start throttling down at that heat.

Since you mentioned that this affects both your graphics AND your sound, it could be the CPU getting hot. Just try and get some programs to watch both your CPU and GPU heat first before you start troubleshooting anything else.

tonytran

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

tonytran

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

tonytran

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Because I have a NZXT Lexa S case with x1 120mm fan on the front x1 120mm on the side and x2 140mm on the top x1 120mm at the back.

ALSO my CPU cooler is a Coolmaster with x2 120mm fan on it not sure it can over heat?

Also another question what happen if I'm playing a game then quickly go to task manager and my CPU is running 90-100% load, what do i do ??
Is it cause by bottlenecking CPU+GPU ??

Natos

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
Are all of our drivers up to date? And by that, I mean EVERYTHING. Chipset, Graphics, Sound, BIOS, and so forth.
Are you overclocking? Reset to stock clock and let it be for a while.
HAVE YOU SCANNED YOUR COMPUTER FOR VIRUSES? It's sad that I have to say it in Caps, but it's the one thing that people DON'T think of when their computer starts freezing.:pfff: They immediately think that it is a hardware problem, but it is quite often just a driver problem or a virus.

tonytran

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

tonytran

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Yes GPU was over clocking with fan boost was on, up the rpm as we'll.
Yes I turn it back to stock still the same.

Windows xp Sp3 btw.
Mobo Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L rev 2.0

All drivers should be up to date ill check again.

I got AVG Antivirus 2013 and AVG PC Tune up. Anything I'm missing ?

Natos

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
I got AVG Antivirus 2013 and AVG PC Tune up. Anything I'm missing?

Really? AVG PC Tune Up just causes more problems than it fixes, and there are much better and lighter alternatives to AVG Antivirus, like Avast! free antivirus. Remove AVG, install Avast, and scan for viruses.

Also, I forgot to ask about Vsync. Is it on? If it's on, turning it off might fix the screen artifacts part of your problem, and that might be the cause of some of your problems.

And, disregarding everything I have said in this post, why are you still on windows xp? It's old, no longer supported, and is a huge security risk. I would recommend upgrading to Windows 7 or Windows 8. Microsoft has some decent deals on windows 8 upgrades.

Solution