Question Computer Freeze/Needing restart/Boot up issues SSD

jackw93

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Hey Folks - would like some opinions before my pc goes into the shop/maybe i can fix it at home - will try to make it short!

1. over the last 2 years I have gotten blue screens/computer shutdowns/boot up issues every 4-6 months when and ONLY when running demanding programs. - You guessed it's happening again!

2. Have been to the shop twice in that time frame where they have "temporarily fixed" ALL of these issues (problems start with computer freeze and get worse over the coming days/weeks if it is not addressed resulting in failed start up essentially) by reinstalling various drivers - with them saying on both occasions likely some corruptible drive/hardware that shows up at the same point (4-6 month timeline) // the technicians did not find ANY problems with hardware overheating/dust build up etc. - everything is in good condition from the stress tests

3. I just did a CLEAN reinstall of windows 10 - and installed the games I was playing originally on my SSD (where my windows is also installed) back onto my HDD - since i was having start up issues/having to go through bios set up I thought maybe my ssd is failing and this would be another "temporary fix" by offloading some demanding games onto my HDD (my SSD was never beyond 70% capacity)

That's basically it - I thought by running a clean reinstall all the drivers would be "reset" again but i'm still running into the games crashing/computer freezing problem even with them installed on my HDD.

Note i am not getting any issues running less demanding games/multiple tabs/applications open.

Appreciate any ideas anyone has and thanks for reading if you made it this far!

parts:

B250 Gaming m3 motherboard

GTX 1060 3gb

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3504 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Adata SU800 SSD

16gb ram

windows 10 64

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS