[SOLVED] computer freeze

Jesse Weaver

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
Need help. My computer freezes up randomly. I used HP system check found no problem. windows 10 checked memory no problem. HP check of my HD test was always cancelled so I have no read. Could my hard drive be the problem? how can I check? movies from internet seem to play with no problem.
Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
I also get a total black screen.
I repeat: Test the ram with memtest86. Testing the ram by just alternating sticks wont resolve anything or give you an answer unless the stick is completely dead. Unless its unseated ram, most ram errors are not black/white but randomized giving different symptoms.
Get memtest86
Format a usb stick as a bootable drive (function is included in memtest86
Boot up.
Go into bios.
Ensure that the usb stick is first in the boot order.
Reboot.
Run memtest86.
The error count have to be zero.

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Need help. My computer freezes up randomly. I used HP system check found no problem. windows 10 checked memory no problem. HP check of my HD test was always cancelled so I have no read. Could my hard drive be the problem? how can I check? movies from internet seem to play with no problem.
Any help will be appreciated.
Do you get a BSoD when it freezes?

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
I also get a total black screen.
I repeat: Test the ram with memtest86. Testing the ram by just alternating sticks wont resolve anything or give you an answer unless the stick is completely dead. Unless its unseated ram, most ram errors are not black/white but randomized giving different symptoms.
Get memtest86
Format a usb stick as a bootable drive (function is included in memtest86
Boot up.
Go into bios.
Ensure that the usb stick is first in the boot order.
Reboot.
Run memtest86.
The error count have to be zero.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS