Question Computer freezes 5-10 minutes AFTER closing games ?

Jun 27, 2023
So I've had this recurring problem for the past 3 months and I've tried everything I could think of to attempt to fix it. I'm out of ideas and was wondering if you guys had any advice on what I could do. This problem seems to effect a very small amount of people over the past 5-ish years, and I've yet to see a solution to this problem.

Basically the problem is, whenever I close a game, my computer will freeze up and crash about 5-10 minutes later. It never happens under high stress, nor does it ever crash when I'm actually in a game. It's solely when it's under low stress for a few minutes after being high stress. Typically when the computer crashes, the screen freezes and there is an audio buzz of whatever noise was coming through my headphones at that exact moment. I'm very confident it's a graphics card problem as I've troubleshooted everything else, and this simply seems like one of the only things that makes sense. I have a hunch that it isn't a hardware problem and that it's actually software related, due to the circumstances in which the computer decides to freeze up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers but that didn't fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 27, 2023
Apologies for the late response, I had a super busy week.

CPU: Intel i7-9700KF
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S-IB
GPU: MSI VENTUS XS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB
and I'm running 32GB DDR4 and an Intel 512GB NVMe SSD, as well as 2TB Seagate HDD. The PSU is a bit of a mystery for the moment because the iBUYPOWER case completely covers it and I need to take it apart to be able to see it I think.

TRENDING THREADS