Question Computer freezes after having it connected to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcat2492

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2014
Hey. I have a 3 display set up, two Acer XB271HU and a Hisense U8G 65"

I didn't have this issue for about 6 months. Lately, if I have the TV connected via HDMI to the GPU (3080ti), after a random amount of time it will freeze and I have to turn off my PC. I can't seem to figure out what's causing this all of a sudden. I know it's related to the TV. Since having it unplugged the PC will not crash.

Has anyone had this issue before? The Tv is 4k resolution and is set to 3840x2160 @ 120 fps with HDR turned on. The cable is quite long, and I'm assuming that's what is causing problems; a 23 foot Zeskit Maya 8k cable.

I'm gonna reach out to Zeskit support in the meantime.

PC specs: 9900k, 3080ti, 16GB RAM, Asus tuf Z390

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Does the issue crop up with a replacement, shorter length of cable to the TV?

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Have you tried using DDU to uninstall (all)your GPU drivers, then sourcing the latest driver from Nvidia's support site, manually installing said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? Also, would be worthwhile to see what your current BIOS version is on your motherboard.

wildcat2492

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2014
I plan on testing a shorter cable; one is on the way. The PSU is an EVGA 850 80+ bronze, and is about one year old. Motherboard BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. 2603, 8/5/2019. SMBIOS version 3.2

I'll give your DDU suggestion a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.