Computer freezes and crashes during gameplay

Apr 9, 2018
I've tried many different things from checking voltage, drivers and overclocking as well as just about every test thats free to run and haven't found a solution, it runs completely fine doing any other task other than video games, now eventually it will actually stop crashing and just runs normally, i've also tried just about every other little trick in the book trying to narrow down what it could be and couldn't. I did reach out to cyberpower as to why its doing it and they said because it could be overclocking, but that came back negative in reports and i also did stuff in bios to test that theory with no luck, I do however have a superclocked 980 ti so i'm not sure if that counts for anything. Thanks!

toshibitsu

Distinguished
When you say everything, you checked the temps of the CPU and GPU? Being a superclocked 980 ti that I'm sure it's well used, I'd wonder what the condition of the thermal paste is on it. Also, when was the last time you aired out the heatsink/fans on it?

Apr 9, 2018
Ya i've monitored the temps and checked everything on the inside and haven't noticed anything out of sorts. What really gets me is that it came to me brand new this way, so i checked hardware first and couldn't figure that out so i started leaning towards thinking it might need to be formatted at this point, but after checking all of the easier hints with programs checking things like temps, if cores were parked, crash logs and p95 i think it was and resetting overclocking to defaults nothing has worked. Eventually it will crash a few times and then play perfectly fine which is weird. Also yes i Just recently cleaned it about 2 weeks ago if not less.

TRENDING THREADS