Computer freezes and makes loud buzzing noise when running programs/games

haloio

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hello, So i built a new rig today, and when i run certain programs, or anytime i run a game it freezes everything up and plays a loud grinding noise through my speakers. I then have to reset by the switch and retry, to get the same thing over and over. I'm running an i7 5820k, and a gtx 980 on an msi x99 sli plus motherboard, and the temperatures are around 33 Celsius. Any help would be appreciated so i can actually do something on this thing without it stopping every 5 minutes.

haloio

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

What do you mean? is that a bad temp? its sitting at 28 now

MetalSparks

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015

...oh, wait, "through my speakers." I didn't read that part.
So then you either have a busted set of speakers, a busted sound card, a busted motherboard, or any combination of the three.
...but the FREEZING is what's confusing me - if it's not a CPU/GPU issue, it may be a hard disk issue.

pronay

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Hey there, i have the same issue on my desktop. I have also tried debugging but have found no solution absolutely. I decided though to turn off my audio drivers and use the system. As stupid as it might sound, ive managed to keep my computer running and not having the buzzing noise and screen freeze.

I havent tried gaming without the drivers yet but i will soon and let you know what results i get. I can definitely say its an issue with audio drivers but im not too sure which among the 2 drivers I have installed and what exactly is causing this.

Solution ( i hope it works for you)
Try to enable the "High definition audio device" from device manager and disable any other drivers you would have in the list there. It might just work for you.

Hope this helped