Question Computer freezes and requires a hard reboot when playing games

weejus

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
Hey there.
I can watch TV/browse the internet for hours upon hours, but after maybe an hour or so of playing some games, the computer will freeze, the screens staying the same and the sound will stutter on an endless loop.
I tried just turning the sound off and waiting for it to blue screen, but it wouldn't.

Recently, I also had some BSODs. "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP"
"Fault in Non Paged Area"

These BSODs only started when I switched over to Windows 10, although the computer has had some crashes when I was on Win 7 as well.

Event Viewer only lists Kernel Power 41 as the issue (But that's cause I have to reboot it)

And WhoCrashed can't read the dmp files! What do I need to provide to you to get some help on this issue?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

State the version for Windows 10 and the version of BIOS you're currently on.

You will also need to host the .dmp file on another site and parse a link to said file hosting site in order for us to look at the .dmp file.

weejus

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3 (Socket 1156)
Graphics
DELL ST2421L (1920x1080@60Hz)
PL2482H (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
1397GB Seagate ST31500341AS ATA Device (SATA )
223GB Crucial CT240BX300SSD1 ATA Device (SATA (SSD))
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS120 X ATA Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device

PSU - CoolerMaster GX 650W

Having issues uploading the memory.dmp - Won't let me.

weejus

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
RAn Memory Diagnostic, no errors detected.Got a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD today.
For some reason I think it's hardware related but I'm quite bad at solving software issues

Jan 7, 2020
I have the exact same problem, I've been having it for years but sometimes it worse than others. Usually I can just start back up but sometimes when I start the computer back up the fans goes crazy and then it freezes. If you manage to figure this one out I'm all ears. I send a report of it to the company that build my computer and they said the errors was likely the memory card, but couldn't say much more. Maybe it's the same for you?

drarunprasad

Prominent
Jun 16, 2020
I have had this issue for 2 years. I stopped playing high end games because it would crash 15 mins into any high end game.
Yesterday I ran msi afterburner and tried playing gta v and found that my cpu temperature goes beyond 90 Celsius and then freezes. So I opened the cabinet cleaned the fan over cpu and kept the cabinet open. And my pc never crashed again.
Really wish this helps Atleast a few.