Computer freezes and speakers blare out a distorted looping noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thang Doan

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
When I am just browsing the web or playing starcraft 2, out of nowhere my computer just freezes and this unbearable looping sound blasts through my speakers. I cannot figure out whats wrong.This problem has happened occasionally over 2 years and I'm just getting frustrated and I wanted to figure out whats the problem.

Also, currently I have a bad GPU thats in RMA and will be receiving a new one, but I don't think its the GPU because when it was functioning a year ago, the problem still happened. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

i5 cpu
gtx 460 gpu
decent asus motherboard

Thang Doan

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
my HDD? I don't think I hear any clicking sound when it happens. I will pay more attention to it and my motherboard has a button that tests if the RAM is ok, so its not the memory

condraj2

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

I'm having the same issue at the moment. Did replacing the PSU fix this for you?

nicolatesla

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009

I think it's a defective motherboard, and it will continue until you change boards or use (maybe) a sound card instead of the on board audio.
I had many similar problems with Asus in general...all solved by changing to a Gigabyte board.
(in fact I had the exact same problem you are describing plus several others)
If you have more money: buy an intel board.
If you have a tight budget: buy a Gigabyte.
But all the frustration of Asus, is simply not worth it. Change the board and start using the computer without all the headaches...you will be much happier with a non-asus board.

All the great stuff you hear about Asus:
IMHO it's just a bunch of advertising hype. The reality is that Asus is really not so great at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS