Computer freezes and speakers blare out a distorted looping noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thang Doan

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
When I am just browsing the web or playing starcraft 2, out of nowhere my computer just freezes and this unbearable looping sound blasts through my speakers. I cannot figure out whats wrong.This problem has happened occasionally over 2 years and I'm just getting frustrated and I wanted to figure out whats the problem.

Also, currently I have a bad GPU thats in RMA and will be receiving a new one, but I don't think its the GPU because when it was functioning a year ago, the problem still happened. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

i5 cpu
gtx 460 gpu
decent asus motherboard

Thang Doan

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
my HDD? I don't think I hear any clicking sound when it happens. I will pay more attention to it and my motherboard has a button that tests if the RAM is ok, so its not the memory

nicolatesla

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009

I think it's a defective motherboard, and it will continue until you change boards or use (maybe) a sound card instead of the on board audio.
I had many similar problems with Asus in general...all solved by changing to a Gigabyte board.
(in fact I had the exact same problem you are describing plus several others)
If you have more money: buy an intel board.
If you have a tight budget: buy a Gigabyte.
But all the frustration of Asus, is simply not worth it. Change the board and start using the computer without all the headaches...you will be much happier with a non-asus board.

All the great stuff you hear about Asus:
IMHO it's just a bunch of advertising hype. The reality is that Asus is really not so great at all.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ie7ywJG.jpg

Dude. You've been here long enough. Why are you replying to a four plus year old thread?

Closing
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.