Question Computer freezes but sound dus work

Apr 8, 2020
I bought an gaming pc a few weeks ago. Since we work home a lot lately it is on almost the whole day. After a few hours it freezes. But if i run netflix or listen to music, the sound stutters for a second but then it does still play while the screen is frozen. The only way to get out this is to hold the on/off button on my pc or click the reset button on it. If it froze and it boots up again, it freezes very fast after like 10 minutes or so.
Does anyone know what the problem could be?
My gpu is a geforce 1050ti

Apr 8, 2020
Usually this is the video card or power supply. If you just bought the PC I would contact support for where you got it from.
I bought it second-hand from marktplaats which is like a Dutch Ebay. When i picked it up the boy said that everything works and that he never had a problem with it. One thing I did notice is that the computer recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10.

I bought it second-hand from marktplaats which is like a Dutch Ebay. When i picked it up the boy said that everything works and that he never had a problem with it. One thing I did notice is that the computer recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10.

That is why it's a good idea to test the systems when getting it used. When you said the system upgraded from 7 to 10, you mean while you had it? Was it working fine before Windows 10 got installed?

Apr 8, 2020
That is why it's a good idea to test the systems when getting it used. When you said the system upgraded from 7 to 10, you mean while you had it? Was it working fine before Windows 10 got installed?
No he upgraded the system but he said that it should work perfeclty. Now i got another issue. I decided to take out the ram and the gpu en place them back but if i start my pc now the fans spin at full speed for a couple of seconds then turn off and back on again, repeating this. So it does not boot now at all.
Anyone know where the problem could be?
If i take out the ram and start it up it also doesn’t beep but it just puts on the fans.