[SOLVED] Computer freezes, comes back, freezes again

Jun 12, 2021
As title says, computer freezes randomly, either while playing a game or not , sometimes comes back or lets the user close the app and the pc comes back but freezes again. And sometimes fully crashes.

Temps are fine.
Cooler has been changed, still with freezes.
RAM has been changed, still freezes.
PSU has been changed, still freezes.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
I have also stress tested the GPU and it doesnt crash.

Thank you in advance

Solution
After a thorough analysis, and through HW Monitor, I noticed the 1TB HDD had some warnings, which I found weird because after scanning it through SFC on CMD it delivered 0 errors. I changed the HDD to a new one and copied everything from the old one and it is now functioning perfectly.
That together with the fact that even though I had no applications installed on the HDD Windows was creating pagefiles in it for some reason. I manually changed it to do that only in the SSD and it is now working perfectly.
Thank you.
Jun 12, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Sorry for the late response, still with the same problem and its driving me insane.
Here are the specs:
SSD Crucial MX500 M.2 2280 1 TB
MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk
Intel core i5-9600k 3.7Ghz
G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16 GB 2x8GB GL16
Cooler CPU Corsair A500 High Performance Dual Fan
MSI RTX 2070 SUPER
Corsair RM Series RM650 (2019) 80+ Gold full modular

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021
take the rtx 2070 out and test with igpu?
how full is the ssd? check the health?
check cpu temp?
Ssd is half full. How do I check the health of the ssd? According with Crucials program the health is good.
Cpu temps are always good
I will try the pc without the 2070 and give you feedback whenever I get to work on it.
Thank you

Jun 12, 2021
Ssd is half full. How do I check the health of the ssd? According with Crucials program the health is good.
Cpu temps are always good
I will try the pc without the 2070 and give you feedback whenever I get to work on it.
Thank you
Hi @rgd1101 ,

Took out the GPU , played some games for like a full afternoon and it did not freeze nor crashed/restarted.
What could it be ? PSU or GPU?
Hope its not gpu.. graphics cards are way too expensive nowadays..

Jun 12, 2021
I changed the cable to a new one and it still crashes.
The weird thing is that before it crashes it stutters audio and image and after some time it just blows up.
The only things that are unchanged are the SSD, HDD & GPU. Can someone help?
Ty

Jun 12, 2021
depend. how full is the ssd?

what the ram usage during the game?
Also, if we changed the PSU to a better one, could we be out of luck and be the new psu again?
I really just cant think of anything else.
Could it be the SSD we talked before as well? Keep in mind of what I said about stuttering, it usually stutter on loading and on those stutters sometimes it crashes sometimes it doesnt

Jun 12, 2021
Also, if we changed the PSU to a better one, could we be out of luck and be the new psu again?
I really just cant think of anything else.
Could it be the SSD we talked before as well? Keep in mind of what I said about stuttering, it usually stutter on loading and on those stutters sometimes it crashes sometimes it doesnt
It could also be the HDD? The HDD is super old and only has junk, no programs, could it affect the functioning of the desktop?
Thank you

Jun 12, 2021
After a thorough analysis, and through HW Monitor, I noticed the 1TB HDD had some warnings, which I found weird because after scanning it through SFC on CMD it delivered 0 errors. I changed the HDD to a new one and copied everything from the old one and it is now functioning perfectly.
That together with the fact that even though I had no applications installed on the HDD Windows was creating pagefiles in it for some reason. I manually changed it to do that only in the SSD and it is now working perfectly.
Thank you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS