cpufella32

Reputable
Sep 6, 2020
This is a really tough issue I've been trying to figure out for a week or so but can't make any headway. Basically, after a couple of hours straight of working in Blender, my computer will become completely unresponsive. My monitors (some connected to motherboard using integrated graphics, some to GPU) all freeze, and the computer is unresponsive to keyboard/mouse input (pressing CAPS LOCK doesn't toggle the light, etc.). If I happened to have some music/a video playing in the background, it'll keep playing whatever I assume was left in the cache, and then stops. The fans all keep running, and nothing sounds different from the PC case. The computer will stay frozen like this until I hard shutdown. have tried using the shortcut to restart the graphics drivers and so on, but this did nothing.

I have already tried all the big tests (3Dmark, Prime95, sfc /scannow, Windows memory diagnostic, Intel processor diagnostic, etc...) and they all come back OK. Tried disabling C-states in the BIOS as another thread elsewhere suggested, and that didn't help either. I'm at a loss as to what might be causing this. I realize that the issue may not particularly involve Blender -- it's just the only thing that's fairly consistently reproduced this issue after a few hours of use.

My specs:
  • Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
  • ASRock H370M Pro4 motherboard
  • Intel i5-8600 CPU (with Noctua NH-D15 cooling fan) (1 connected 1080p 60hz monitor w/ DVI)
  • 24GB DDR4 RAM (2x Corsair 8GB DDR4, 2x G.Skill 4GB DDR4 -- some frequency timings are different, not sure why this would cause any problem now it hasn't caused before though)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (1 connected 1080p 60hz monitor w/ HDMI, 1 connected 1440p 144hz monitor w/ DisplayPort)
  • Seasonic 750FX PSU
I'd really appreciate any ideas as to what might be responsible here -- I don't have the cash to guess-buy new parts at random until this works itself out :p
Let me know if there's any relevant info I left out. Thanks all!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022
I have no idea what´s wrong but i have the exact same problem.
I dont think it has anything to do with your hardware though. My PC worked just fine often running Blender for days nonstop. The problem started when i came back from vacation at the end of August so some software update might be causing it I think.
It always happens when having blender open for a while but not actually working with it. Spotify or Youtube keep running in the background. My cursor still moves but does nothing apart from changing from the blue circle icon to the scroll up and down icon as soon as i hover over the taskbar and not blender...
My specs:
  • Windows 10
  • Asus B550 creator motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
  • 128 GB Corsair Vengeance rgb pro RAM
  • Nvidia 3070ti GPU
  • Seasonic PX-750 prime PSU

Yesterday random crashes started happening too..
I,d really appereciate your help on this one too... I have no idea what´s going on....
Thanks!!