[SOLVED] Computer freezes completely random

Jan 6, 2019
Hello there.

I've had som serious problems with my new setup that i've just bought (the only thing that i have left from my old setup is the PSU). That i myself can't figure out. That's why i'm creating this thread.

As soon as i finished my windows installments the screen just froze and i didn't really question it until it became to regular to be "normal" or random. The only solution for me right now in these situations is by cutting the powersupply. The "freezings" happens completely random, doesn't matter if i'm highperforming or just browsing.

I've done some hardware tests as of example: userbenchmark, some of intels own CPU tests and a mem-test and they all gace great results.

I think i have the latest software drivers aswell, can't see that there is any problems with temperatures and can't see that the motherboard gives out any error messages either.

Speccs:
Intel Core i7 8700 3.2 GHz 12MB
Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler
ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151
Corsair 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2666Mhz CL16
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 TURBO
Corsair CX600M 600W
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks.

Solution
My experience is random freezes and BSODs most often are due to graphics problems--its your graphics that is freezing. Check for bios update of MB that improves graphics and is otherwise compatible (with your cpu, ect...). Update GPU and monitor drivers--go to manufacturers site and check compatibility of your current drivers and update--then you'll know rather than think they are up to date. Then, first, try different cable between GPU and monitor (Bad cables or adapters are common problems). Second, try different kind of cable connection (DP, CVI-D, HDMI that is). 3rd, we keep a cheap simple video card handy for troubleshooting purposes. You might borrow one from an old pc or friend. Put in empty slot or temporarily replace...
Jan 14, 2019
My experience is random freezes and BSODs most often are due to graphics problems--its your graphics that is freezing. Check for bios update of MB that improves graphics and is otherwise compatible (with your cpu, ect...). Update GPU and monitor drivers--go to manufacturers site and check compatibility of your current drivers and update--then you'll know rather than think they are up to date. Then, first, try different cable between GPU and monitor (Bad cables or adapters are common problems). Second, try different kind of cable connection (DP, CVI-D, HDMI that is). 3rd, we keep a cheap simple video card handy for troubleshooting purposes. You might borrow one from an old pc or friend. Put in empty slot or temporarily replace your present card.

Solution
Jan 6, 2019
Maybe should've put this in the description but i had ASUS Geforce GTX 960 Strix on this setup before i bought the 2070, and i've tested cables aswell with no results.. Will look for more drivers though.

Thank you you for your time.