[SOLVED] Computer freezes constantly

ARJ1153

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Hey guys.... So this is what happens.... I keep running my system and it gets stuck with the video and the audio gets stuck as well with a brrrrrrr sound (by which I mean extending the sound at that moment ) for 5 seconds.... Now this happens every 1 ½ hrs..... I checked with airflow and that's all going great.... CPU temps don't cross 35 without load and while gaming it is around 45-50 max..... So can you tell me what might be went wrong with it?

Solution
The brrrrrr sound happens when the computer freezes. The audio is produced by a separate processor which has a limited memory cache. it can load a short audio segment in the cache. Normally the cache is constantly updated with new audio to play. But if the computer freezes, the cache isn't updated, and your audio hardware keeps replaying the same sound clip over and over.

Often, this type of freeze is caused by a hardware driver crashing. Windows pauses for a few seconds waiting for the driver to recover, then eventually kills and restarts it. The reason for the crash could be a corrupt driver, or failing hardware. Next time this happens, check the Windows error logs for clues as to what might have crashed...
The brrrrrr sound happens when the computer freezes. The audio is produced by a separate processor which has a limited memory cache. it can load a short audio segment in the cache. Normally the cache is constantly updated with new audio to play. But if the computer freezes, the cache isn't updated, and your audio hardware keeps replaying the same sound clip over and over.

Often, this type of freeze is caused by a hardware driver crashing. Windows pauses for a few seconds waiting for the driver to recover, then eventually kills and restarts it. The reason for the crash could be a corrupt driver, or failing hardware. Next time this happens, check the Windows error logs for clues as to what might have crashed.

https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

This could be as simple as reinstalling a driver, or (if you don't need that particular hardware) disabling the device.

Solution

ARJ1153

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

Oh thank you so much man..... I didn't even think anyone would be able to understand this kinda situation.... Now that you've suggested it.... I'll check this out for sure