Computer freezes during start up, loading wheel stuck in place

bretwoolsey

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
This morning, I went to turn on my computer and it froze when it got to the gigabyte splash screen. There is a small loading wheel that spins and it freezes every time when only 3 of the 5 dots of the wheel start to move. My motherboard is a gigabyte AB350. After searching online, I reset the CMOS and then upon selecting my windows boot manager option, it would start up as normal although slower. It would run a diagnostic test but I do not know where that info would be stored. Once I got to my desktop I tried updating my bios with gigabyte's auto update app center. I selected the only option for my motherboard, which was the B350 update, and selected it. It said that if I selected the wrong update it could cause my computer to not boot. However, it was the only option and it appears that it was the correct motherboard. It gave me a loading screen for about 5 seconds then restarted my computer. Once it rebooted, it froze again in the same spot as before. After clearing the CMOS once more, I am back to what I believe is normal and now I'm writing this as a question more than anything else; what happened to my computer that made the BIOS settings change and cause it to not boot? I do not adjust my bios settings because I do not know what they do; I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area. Last night I was on my computer without any issues and this morning it will not start. Any information about why this happened and what I can do to prevent it would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Solution
Enter your BIOS in "Easy Mode" and there will be an option labeled "Fast Boot" which is "Disabled" by default. You want to Enable this option. Set Fast Boot to Enabled and see if that fixes your problem.