Computer Freezes Every Couple of Hours?

Santino_2

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
So, I just got an Asus Laptop about a month ago (ROG, GTX 960m and an i7 6700) but even when I'm not gaming at all, the computer still freezes up. Sometimes, the display will just freeze and I can't do anything and am forced to hold down the power button. about 15% of the time I get a blue screen (Your PC is having issues, or whatever it says). And I am completely at a loss for what the cause of this could be. I have started it up and pretty much closed everything that didn't come with the PC and the issue still persists. I could let the PC sit overnight and I come back and its frozen. Getting really annoying, especially not understanding the cause, as it greatly interferes with my job and projects I am doing (I literally have to save every 5 minutes, not knowing when my PC is going to crash again). Would be really grateful for any sort of tips.

*Already emailed Asus, they served 0 help and only told me to send it back in to them and I really don't have the time for such a thing

Solution

In that case, best bet is do a clean install of windows 10 as it is can be done from the Settings Option...see here ---> http://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/clean-install-windows-10/ .........And hope your Laptop doesnt freeze or crash during the process......

Chris679

Reputable
May 20, 2014
What Operating System? Probably sounds like your OS is corrupted already. Back up your data and then try re-installing the OS with the original CD that came with it....

Santino_2

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016

Windows 10...And I don't have a win10 disc, but I have a windows 8.1 from a year or two ago. Would that be worth a shot at this point?

Santino_2

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016

I'm not the best at reading these but under window logs and system, its filled a bunch of informations, an ungodly amount of "warnings" and around the time where my PC seems to freeze or crash there is an "Error" followed by a "Critical" a few lines up. There error reads: The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
ACPI
the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
And the Critical just tells me that the PC rebooted without cleanly shutting down

Chris679

Reputable
May 20, 2014

In that case, best bet is do a clean install of windows 10 as it is can be done from the Settings Option...see here ---> http://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/clean-install-windows-10/ .........And hope your Laptop doesnt freeze or crash during the process......

Solution