[SOLVED] Computer freezes for 1-2 seconds and then resumes normally why?

Elite_Blitz

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
I've built this PC myself:
No component is more than 3 years old.
I also installed windows on my new SSD recently and updated the Bios from 3.2 to 4.2 using UEFI. The freezes issue was already happening prior to this.

CPU: i3 8100
Mobo: ASRock B360M Pro4
Mem: DDR4 16GB (2x8) Corsair 2666hz Dual Channel
GPU: Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
PSU: Thermaltake 600w (upgraded recently as well)
HDD: Internal Seagate 2 TB
SSD: Intel 660P 1TB

Guys, im losing my mind, its incredibly annoying when I'm playing a game and this freeze happens. I believe it happens mostly during online gaming but also when browsing the net.

I use a wired connection atm but was previously using a wireless usb Tplink adapter. Problem still persists.

Temperatures of all components are normal and everything is up-to-date.

The issue was also happening on my previously motherboard if i can recall.

Please help!!

EDIT: I've just recently changed a power plan setting: "Turn off hard disk after, SET TO NEVER", Going to see if this fixes the issues.

Last edited:

Elite_Blitz

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Thanks for the input. Yeah so I haven't experienced any of the freezes after I turned harddrive sleeping to never.

Problem solved. I've been looking into getting an i5 recently anyway lol. Thanks guys.

Elite_Blitz

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Thermaltake 600w smart rgb

I think I fixed it with this: "Turn off hard disk after, SET TO NEVER", I'm monitoring it closely but so far i haven't any of the freezes. And thank you for the response.

Going to monitor it tomorrow too, but so far so good.

The B360 chipset doesn’t support DDR4 memory overclocking and as such is limited to the maximum frequency supported by the Integrated Memory Controller. This means all Core i5 and Core i7 models can run at up to DDR4-2666, while the Core i3 models are limited to DDR4-2400MHz.

Reactions: Elite_Blitz

Elite_Blitz

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Thanks for the input. Yeah so I haven't experienced any of the freezes after I turned harddrive sleeping to never.

Problem solved. I've been looking into getting an i5 recently anyway lol. Thanks guys.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS