[SOLVED] Computer freezes for 1-2 seconds and then resumes normally why?

Elite_Blitz

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
I've built this PC myself:
No component is more than 3 years old.
I also installed windows on my new SSD recently and updated the Bios from 3.2 to 4.2 using UEFI. The freezes issue was already happening prior to this.

CPU: i3 8100
Mobo: ASRock B360M Pro4
Mem: DDR4 16GB (2x8) Corsair 2666hz Dual Channel
GPU: Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
PSU: Thermaltake 600w (upgraded recently as well)
HDD: Internal Seagate 2 TB
SSD: Intel 660P 1TB

Guys, im losing my mind, its incredibly annoying when I'm playing a game and this freeze happens. I believe it happens mostly during online gaming but also when browsing the net.

I use a wired connection atm but was previously using a wireless usb Tplink adapter. Problem still persists.

Temperatures of all components are normal and everything is up-to-date.

The issue was also happening on my previously motherboard if i can recall.

Please help!!

EDIT: I've just recently changed a power plan setting: "Turn off hard disk after, SET TO NEVER", Going to see if this fixes the issues.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the input. Yeah so I haven't experienced any of the freezes after I turned harddrive sleeping to never.

Problem solved. I've been looking into getting an i5 recently anyway lol. Thanks guys.

Elite_Blitz

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Thermaltake 600w smart rgb

I think I fixed it with this: "Turn off hard disk after, SET TO NEVER", I'm monitoring it closely but so far i haven't any of the freezes. And thank you for the response.

Going to monitor it tomorrow too, but so far so good.

Elite_Blitz

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Thanks for the input. Yeah so I haven't experienced any of the freezes after I turned harddrive sleeping to never.

Problem solved. I've been looking into getting an i5 recently anyway lol. Thanks guys.

Solution