[SOLVED] Computer freezes for 3-5 seconds and resumes back to normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
So I have never had this issue until recently. I installed my new Corsair Fans that took over the fans I had prior. What happens is the mouse on the screen freezes, all audio stops playing, and screen freezes, and then it resumes back to normal in about 3-5 seconds. I'm not for sure what this issue is.

I'm running a Ryzen 3 2200g overclocked to 3.8ghz, MSI B350 PC Mate, Corsair 650W PSU, and an RX 580 8GB. The fans are the Corsair LL120, and I have two connected.

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
during game?
what the cpu/gpu temp and usage?
ram/hdd/sdd usage?

No, it's not during a game, or I haven't noticed it in a game yet.

CPU Temp is around 55-60 degrees celsius, and GPU is about 57C

Cpu usage is between 25-35%, meanwhile memory usage is about 30-35% HDD/SSD usage is 1%
I'm running 16gb of DDR4 Ram at 2666 Mhz, 4x4 sticks.

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
revert your cpu to stock clock/voltage to see if it stops freezing
The freezing stopped for the most part, but what's happening now is I hear the USB disconnecting sound, and everything connected via USB disconnects for 1-2 seconds and reconnects. It's not often but it happens every couple of hours.

woot

Distinguished
The freezing stopped for the most part, but what's happening now is I hear the USB disconnecting sound, and everything connected via USB disconnects for 1-2 seconds and reconnects. It's not often but it happens every couple of hours.
so you put your cpu on stock clock and the system stopped freezing entirely?, now its just the usb peripherals that are freezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.