Question Computer Freezes indefinitely just before windows starts!

Feb 14, 2019
Hey guys, I'm kind of at the end of my tether here, I really hope someone can help me figure this out.

So since Windows update 1803, I've been practically unable to use my computer. For some reason when it goes to install the update it will freeze on the "Asus" screen and will not boot to windows 10 and finish installing the update, frustratingly, when this happens, it just ends up doing this indefinitely, or in some instances will try automatic repair, with no problems being found.

I've heard this was a known problem but has since been fixed with update 1809, but apparently not as this too is doing the same thing. It feels like I'm the only one having this issue and that I'm being really stupid not being able to fix it. HELP!!

After having contacted Microsoft support and, quite frankly being spoken down to on the telephone it was suggested that I reinstall Windows, (which I have done many times) It seems that they can't give any explanation as to what the root cause of the freezes are, or are simply unwilling. If I knew what is causing the freezes in the first place, maybe I could avoid or even better, move past this issue and continue enjoying my PC for what I purchased it for, gaming.

Many thanks in advance to anybody who gets back to me with advice/suggestions.

Charlie