Computer Freezes, Keyboard Lights Shut Off, Mouse Stops Working.

xfiremadex

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
I built my computer about a month ago and it's never stopped freezing since. When it does freeze, no blue screen, just a frozen screen that never responds. I'm forced to hit the reset switch to restart it. The freezing usually occurs when I'm playing an resource intensive game like Watch Dogs or Black Ops 2 but it also occurs anytime I try to install a game off of the Origin client. The lights on my keyboard go off and the mouse doesn't work either. The hard drive light on my case still flashes and everything inside the computer case is still running normal. I have tried pretty much everything. I tried 4 OS's actually to see if one was the problem, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Ubuntu and the computer freezed on every single one. If I'm watching something like youtube when it crashes the audio goes in an endless loop through my speakers also. I tried installing windows on my other hard drive to see if my ssd was the problem and it still occurs. I checked the event logs, checked the memory dumps and nothing seemed to work. All my drivers are updated and my temperatures are reasonable.
CPU Max Temp: 63 Degrees C
GPU Max Temp: 65 Degrees C
I reapplied thermal paste and it seemed to bring the temp down by 5 degrees but that never fixed the freezing either. I monitored all my temps in SpeedFan while I was playing Watch Dogs. Since the temperatures were "warm", I took the side cover off of my computer so it could get more air, still freezes. The voltages in the bios are normal according to people on my other post on Tech Guy Forums, I ran memory test all night, no errors, I had my friend run some error checks and he found nothing wrong. I have three sticks of ram and took all except 1 out to see if that was the problem but it didn't solve anything. So is their anything else I could still do??
My Pc Specs:
CPU: AMD Fx 6300
Motherboard: MSI 970a-G43
Hard Drives: Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB
Graphics Card: MSI R9 270x
Ram: 8 GB Of Corsair Vengeance and 4 GB of Crucial Ballistix, both DDR3 1600
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500 Wats

TRENDING THREADS