[SOLVED] Computer freezes/lags when game priority is set to High?

bamitscon

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2015
Recently I have been having issues of my PC lagging, nothing loads, cant click anything, microphone stops working and lags out when im on discord, this only happens when playing games, the only thing i can do to resolve it is wait to close the game or wait 30 mins for task manager to load, go onto details, find the game and then change priority from high to medium, game runs perfectly fine on medium so does my PC but when its set to high my game and PC will randomly start lagging and freezing, is this a CPU issue? not sure why it does this but its rather annoying when i forget to set the priority every time and then have to wait 30 mins to try and get stuff to load!

pc specs: https://prnt.sc/1uhdudt

Solution
It is a EVGA 550 GS, 80 Plus gold
ngl recently my PC has started doing this weird thing where when i click the power button to turn on the computer it fires up then instantly shuts down again stays like it for a few seconds then starts up again and stays on for the remainder of time i am on the computer for, being doing this for a while now.
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors and chipset on device manager (should be 4 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

Chipset (ignore if there is...
Recently I have been having issues of my PC lagging, nothing loads, cant click anything, microphone stops working and lags out when im on discord, this only happens when playing games, the only thing i can do to resolve it is wait to close the game or wait 30 mins for task manager to load, go onto details, find the game and then set priority from high to medium, game runs perfectly fine on medium so does my PC but when its set to high my game and PC will randomly start lagging and freezing, is this a CPU issue? not sure why it does this but its rather annoying when i forget to set the priority every time and then have to wait 30 mins to try and get stuff to load!

pc specs: https://prnt.sc/1uhdudt
what is the psu?

bamitscon

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2015
what is the psu?
ngl recently my PC has started doing this weird thing where when i click the power button to turn on the computer it fires up then instantly shuts down again stays like it for a few seconds then starts up again and stays on for the remainder of time i am on the computer for, being doing this for a while now.

• Uninstall all the processors and chipset on device manager (should be 4 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

Chipset (ignore if there is none):
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution

bamitscon

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2015
    unknown.png

Chipset (ignore if there is none):
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
i have had this PC for years now and none of this has been a problem, i thought updating BIOS is a bad thing to do and could be risky?