Question Computer freezes on the first copy of any piece of text

Sep 30, 2020
After boot, any time I copy a piece of text from any application, that application will freeze for around 5 seconds. It only happens the first time I copy, and it does not matter whether it's text in a game or application.

I have not a clue what is causing this, although all drives tested as working with no issues. Seems like it relates to the clipboard as it only happens once, but I have no clue since I have never had this issue and cannot find much information on it from other people.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What are the specs for the system? How much memory do you have installed?

Have you scanned for malware/viruses recently?

What apps do you typically have running with this issue occurs?

What does your memory utilization look like?

Sep 30, 2020
System Specs

I7-7700@STOCK
16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3200MHz
GTX 2080 16GB
256GB SSD Boot drive
1TB SSD
2TB 7200RPM HDD
256GB SSD

I've done a scan with Kaspersky, MBs and even done one through safe mode to double-check. All back negative.

It can happen on boot, or when I have only chrome open. It could be a game, or anything. I have all programs disabled on boot.

RAM is at 7GB used with 6 apps open, including Chrome with 5 tabs

Colif

Win 11 Master
Which apps? I know you said any but are they browsers? Office programs?

Have a look here under Troubleshooting a Single-App Freeze - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...dows-8-or-windows-7-hangs-or-freezes#method41

have you tried a clean boot?
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

(yes, I see you have all programs closed at boot, just checking)

how did you test the drives? I would think clipboard is located on C drive so who makes the ssd?

Sep 30, 2020
None of the above fixed it. Also, it is every program. Office programs, League of Leagues, WoW, Notepad, Chrome. It's whatever program I copy from and doesn't matter which I open first. I have all start-up apps disabled also.