[SOLVED] Computer Freezes or Force Reboots during graphical load

Andrew Connolly

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2014
Good Morning! I thought I had been dealing with a GPU that was crapping out. It appears it's not. Out of nowhere two weeks ago, my PC started Freezing in Overwatch or other games. Now it will just force reboot.

Windows 10 Pro
MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
Intel Core i7 4770K
Radeon 5700 XT (New)
GSkill Trident 2 x 8GBs DDR3 2400
Corsair CX 600W PSU
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Fan
IN WIN GRone Gray 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

I have flashed my bios. Formatted SSD and did a fresh install of Windows. Downloaded drivers from Windows, the vendor, and Drive Booster (Each time i did DDU in safe mode to make a clean uninstall/install).

If I run Unigine on basic it will complete the benchmark but if I do it any higher it will crash. I don't see any real events or errors in the Event Viewer. It doesn't seem to be an overheating issue. I passed a Memory Diagnostic test and I ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and it passed as well. Not sure where to go from here or if I need to look at building a new rig. I have been slamming my head against this for weeks now... Thanks so much for all of the help/time.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
What would you reccomend?

Teir 1 or 2 the best buy depends on where you can buy parts from.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
See the first link in my signature. That's a must-read for getting a decent PSU.

Yeah, the old CX models (typically wattage number ends in 00) were pretty bad. The newer ones (wattage numbers end in 50) are better, but the link in my signature goes into more detail.