Question Computer freezes or reboots after POST

Jun 29, 2022
Hello,

I have bought some new components to replace the old ones and I cannot get past POST and install windows.
This is the configuration I am using:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-fi
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8 Gb, 3600 Mhz
ASUS ROG GTX980 Poseidon
Plextor M6e 512 GB
OCZ Vertex 128 GB
Intel 540 series 128 GB
Hitachi Desktar 2TB 7200 rpm
MSI MPG A750GF 750 W

I have tried moving components, tried only 1 stick of ram, unplugged all drive cables and tried each one in turn and many more I can't remember. I just cannot get windows to boot; sometimes the PC freezes and remains like, goes into a continuous reboot loop or I get BSOD with various error messages. Sometimes it restarts automatically after BSOD, other times it freezes like that. The code on the motherboard always shows AA.
Has anybody run into something like this and can help me?

I have attached 2 videos showing what is happening.
Video1
Video2

Last edited:
So you have a new mobo and cpu.
For the mobo to support this CPU you need BIOS version 2311 or newer.
Any idea of your bios version ? Anyway your mobo has Flashback option allowing to upgrade Bios without a supported CPU (see the manual).
Also Windows was installed on one of these old SSDs. Just hoping to boot with a complete new system is wishfull thinking.
Prepare on another PC a USB windows installator, boot from this USB key with a single SSD installed (preferably without Windows in it)

Reactions: rickypicky5
Jun 29, 2022
So you have a new mobo and cpu.
For the mobo to support this CPU you need BIOS version 2311 or newer.
Any idea of your bios version ? Anyway your mobo has Flashback option allowing to upgrade Bios without a supported CPU (see the manual).
Also Windows was installed on one of these old SSDs. Just hoping to boot with a complete new system is wishfull thinking.
Prepare on another PC a USB windows installator, boot from this USB key with a single SSD installed (preferably without Windows in it)
BIOS is updated to the latest version.
I have tried doing a clean install for Windows with the same result.
This is what happens when I try to boot from a USB:
Video3