Computer Freezes Randomly! Please help

Justin Everest

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
Hello everyone,

I've been spending the past 2 days trying to figure a solution out for this problem that my computer continues to have.

During these 2 days iv'e been looking for every possible reason why this is happening. Iv'e gone through thread after thread and yet to find a proper solution. So now i'm here asking for help.

So here are the things that I've tried so far.

1. Removing Ram to different slots.
2. Using one Ram stick at a time.
3. Memtest which passed
4. Occt, Futuremark, prime95 though my computer froze when doing running prime95 but i was also doing other things as well.
5. Iv'e tried unplugging all hard drives except my SSD which also crashed just as i was finishing up this message.
6. I test all hard drivers for errors ( they are all passing with flying colors)

My next step is to use different ram which is DD3-1333 compared to the ones i have installed DDR3-1600 along with replacing the graphics card with an Nvidia 560 which. I figured this way i can find out if its my ram or possible the gpu. Still i need help. I'm going crazy trying to find a solution and any help right about now would be amazing.

I've also did a fresh install of windows mulitple times which i thought may work. From using windows 7 to windows 8.1, both os would get the same crash, Just randomly the computer will freeze. wont shut down or anything. just freezes like a still picture.

All the drivers are new and not from the disc. I have the most recent drive from AMD for my GPU though i figured at this point it wouldn't hurt to try the beta drivers which came out on Feb 25th 2014.

Again not sure what to do at this point other then trial and error. But even now its getting a bit annoying and if someone can help me with this would be fantastic!

Below are the parts that i am currently using.

Parts:
GIGABYTE|GA-970A-D3P AM3+ R
CORSAIR| CX600 600W RT
AMD|8-CORE FX-8320 3.5G 8M R
4Gx2|G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
RADEON R7 260X

HD:
SSD 120GB Primary
1TB Hitachi
500GB Westeren digital
500GB Seagate

Justin Everest

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014

Yes that would be correct. With that said though it has been working perfectly with the previous computer without any issues. But yes the SSD has been associated with every crash thus far.

I haven't tried the other ram nor the gpu yet to see if that may solve the issue or at least to help narrow it down.

Currently i'm running windows 8.1.

Justin Everest

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014

Honestly it happens out of know where. Like it happen right when i was logging into windows. bam froze. Yesterday i was doing some editing and it was running quite nicely and bam, it froze. I wish i could provide a better info but i'm currently at a wall here.

i'm not a fan for blue screens but right now i think i wouldn't mind since it provides a debug which would help pinpoint this issue.

Only thing now is to try the other gpu and ram and see if that has any effect but aside from that i'm lost.

Justin Everest

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
Problem solved! It would seem the GPU was causing the problem though I'm not sure why but never the less the new GTX 750 seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks again for the help Woltej1