Question Computer freezes then monitor keyboard and mouse shut off

May 22, 2019
My friend 2 weeks ago recently built his first PC I was there to help him build it everything went smooth no issues. But in about the last 4 days he's been telling me he's been having this issue where the computer will freeze then a few seconds later his monitor keyboard and mouse will have no power to them but the internals of the PC are still running then he will have to shut it down by holding the power button or turning it off by the switch on the back on the power supply.
from what he's told me it happens at completely random times from just starting up and getting to the login screen to hours of it being on with the most times being 6 in one day.
CPU:Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
Motherboard:MSI B450 tomahawk moba
Ram:G skill ripjaw V series 16GB 3200
SSD/HDD:240 gb San disk ssd
GPU: sapphire nitro + rx 580 8gb
PSU:Corsair TX650M 80+ gold psu
Chassis:?
I just want to know a general direction in which we should be looking and with the best General diagnostics for this sort of thing would be

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Troubleshooting often doesn't have a general direction but a checklist of things you've tried and what did and didn't work, i.e a process of elimination. You might need to ask your friend and relay everything your friend has done in terms of troubleshooting.

On a side note, what BIOS version are you on for the motherboard?

May 22, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Troubleshooting often doesn't have a general direction but a checklist of things you've tried and what did and didn't work, i.e a process of elimination. You might need to ask your friend and relay everything your friend has done in terms of troubleshooting.

On a side note, what BIOS version are you on for the motherboard?
Sorry about that I believe I updated everything correctly and his BIOS version is 7C02v17