Question Computer freezes up with intensive CPU tasks, used to work fine

mattclimber

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
Greetings,

about 2 month ago I upgraded my old system (went kinda all out since it was so long ago) I installed everything carefully and checked a couple of times, tried it out and all worked fine. Did some tests, played games and had no issues. About 3 weeks ago when I was playing 1 game I had random crashes when quite a few things happened, but it was only sometimes. Now since last week it is happening in more games.

I had no idea if it was the GPU, CPU, MoBo or anything else. I checked if they where too hot, but the temperatures always seemed fine, GPU not going over 70 and CPU in the 70's. Then I did a GPU stress test (heaven benchmark) a few times and always went great. Then I booted up Cinebench and instant crash before I could click run benchmark. Tried it a few times and always ended up with a freeze.

The problem was a freeze or it just rebooted.

Before I bought these components I checked if my old PSU had enough power so this also shouldn't be an issue.

Specs:
- Intel 13700k
- MSI Suprim x 4090
- Corsair 64gb RAM
- MSI Mag Tomahawk z790
- PSU Corsair RM1000i

I am not sure what to do next after cleaning the Computer a bit and doing some tests. It seems it only stops working when doing CPU intensive tasks, but works fine with normal use, like surfing, watching movies, old games.

Thanks for the help!

Greetings

mattclimber

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
Tried some more things. Now it just won't boot properly anymore. It always freezes before I could login windows. Tried installing a new windows and that works until I have to reboot then it crashes again. So now I am even out of my computer and basically lost all my files. But cannot even reinstall windows.

Checked all my cables and all seems fine, no smell of anything burned. No idea what to do next.

Thanks